Over the Ocean

8.28.2006

Rap it up....

This is a poem written by the guy who consumes lots of food chez moi...(that's at my place). He also happens to be a really good friend who writes good stuff. Enjoy..

The lesser of the great satisfaction
Gives cause for intense reaction
Breaking the soul into fraction
Eternal faction
Distending the extent of the world’s interaction
for holy desires
Burning bridges with wicked fires
Digging deeper like spinning tires
Crossing empty chasms from truth to liars
Like stumbling through the catch of briars
Entire
Families lost to the cause of the blinded
Absent-minded
Impossibility reminded
Or rewinded

Incomplete holes in the distresses of stresses
Wandering from places to places
Empty stares from empty faces
Forever casket cases
Arise from the ignorance of a broken heart
crushed from the start
Pierced by the sting of the fiery dart
the darkness becomes beautiful art
From the despair of hatred in the souls of the eyes
do the repairs of shattered dreams fail to rise
in the Kingdom – subsidize
capsize
in the raging storm of the fallen,
down-trodden,
brow-beaten,
treasure-seeking,
conscience-tearing,
misery
leading into the bleakest history
such a mystery
to chase after a deceitful imagery
so fake
to taste
the bitterness of a lake of counterfeit
illegitimate
children of the rotten fruit
living in the filth of the pollute
does not constitute
and cannot refute
the astute
apprehension of purity
confession of honesty
acclamation
of the proclamation
ascribing the substance its glory
like a neverending story
whose conclusion can never bore me
He said, “you tore me”
And then you will adore me
For this tragedy, Lord
Please do not abhor me
But Restore me!

There is no reason
For this mutiny and treason
That caused a King to bleed some
And now we must all heed Him
I need Him
For freedom
How can I ever please Him
If only to believe Him
No matter the cost
Count all as the consequent loss
of a longing unsatisfied
broken, hard, battered and tried
I fell on my knees and cried
And with a deep breath I sighed
As His hand rested on my head
Being led
Into the bed
Of everlasting peace
The gentle release
Where gladness meets
A purpose complete

He said to me, “I have chosen you,
And I have broken you
I have always spoken to you
And have told you that you are my child
Even though you were once so uncontrollably wild
Your pleasures were just too mild…
Compared to what I have planned
From the beginning of time yet spanned
Nothing worth having will ever be banned
And you will stand
In the midst of pure ecstasy
Next to me
For eternity
To be known to me
You belong to me
A sweet song to me
You’ve done nothing wrong to me
The cross declares you not guilty!”

So I sit and I rest
I am so blessed
to confess
It’s surely understood
That I deserve nothing good
Being called into the holy brotherhood
Of the unstained
Unashamed
Renamed
With the same name
Above all other names
A claim to universal fame
His perfect glory remains eternally the same
Because He is the same
Yesterday, today, and forever
But because of Him, will I ever be the same? – never.

1 Comments:

  • is this guy black??? i didn't think we had any African American teachers at the school?!?! it would be a lot cooler if we did...

    By Blogger Adam, at 10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home