Over the Ocean

1.08.2007

I'd like you to meet...

Last year saw the additions of two new family members. Alexander Joseph Ebert was born in October (a little before last year) and Rosa Maria Tovar in January. It was exciting to finally have a niece and nephew to enjoy and spoil. I was home to meet Alex in December and Rosi in March. It seemed a really quick blurr both times, but this time my trips have been more relaxed and I've had more time to get to know some people.

This is Melissa, she's Alex's mom and my oldest sister. She is a wife, mother, lawyer, excellent chef (She makes all of Alex's food as he is allergic to milk and doesn't eat meat!), actress (You should see her play horsey and truck driver.), amazing rhymer (It seems everything is more fun when rhymed.), up-and coming singer (Oh my darlin' has several verses I'm sure most people haven't heard.), and has had her heart completely stolen by a 23lb handsome little boy.


Alex loves mommy's cookin'.















A lot!









This is Alex. He is on-the-go, loves to "talk", likes to "read" books, is intrigued by phones, his favorite pass time seems to be finding buttons to push that make noise, and is the best cuddler around.


This is Carrie, she's Rosi's mom and my second sister. She is a wife, mother, phenomenal teacher, amazing Mexican food chef, peek-a-boo expert, actress, multi-tasker of the century, and has had her heart overtaken by a 24lb beautiful little girl.



Bath fun and playing in the kitchen.


























This is Rosi. She's crawling everywhere, loves to cuddle her many stuffed animals, giggles really hard when you "catch" her, points at everything, says "Ho Ho Ho" whenever she see's Santa, and has brown eyes that melt your heart.

I am amazed when I see my sisters as mothers. Going from the book worm (Melissa) and the drama queen (Carrie) to these outstanding role models for future moms was something that I didn't expect. I knew they would be good moms, but had no idea they would be this great. It has been an interesting change. It happened almost overnight, caused both exhaustion and extreme joy, and is something that niether of them would change for the world. I'm so proud of both of them and adore these two little people!

2 Comments:

  • Good call! I feel exactly the same when I think about my sister... Pretty sweet.

    By Blogger Adam, at 9:39 AM  

  • It must be amazing to see your sisters as moms! I can't imagine the day! Keep close to them--though you're far away. Family is IT!

    By Blogger Lindy Hop Porto, at 8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home