Over the Ocean

12.02.2006

It's raining, it's pouring.


Our school participated in the annual track meet today. One thing is for sure about track meets here, it will rain. There was a 70% chance of it, and I think it rained for 70% of the meet. The team came in 3rd, but the race was not an easy one. As I was watching these kids, with extreme dedication and perseverance run race after race in the pounding rain, I realized something; we all have this very difficult race that we run each day, add a torrential downpour, and the race becomes impossible to run on our own. You can't see, your muscles freeze up, and each step has the potential to send you slipping right into a broken ankle. And then it occurred to me that I've been in a race through the pouring rain for so long, I think I've forgotten what it's like to run in the sunshine. I turned to scripture for some wisdom and flipped to a familiar passage in I Corinthians
"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the
prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the
games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not
last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore, I do
not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the
air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached
to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."
I'm so glad that I'm not running this race alone, nor am I running it without help from the Almighty. By His grace alone, there is no slowing for the rain, no losing ground because of hail, and no taking a break because of snow. Just keep running!

1 Comments:

  • good word boge! you (and paul) are so right...we don't run aimlessly. just to think of the lives you've impacted in the last few years in that place, living your life, running the race marked out for you, just being miss. boge...well it blows my mind and i'm pretty darn glad that i got to meet you and be a part of your journey, even if for just a moment.
    hope you are well in every way my friend. miss you loads. lots of love always,
    v

    By Blogger victoria's secrets, at 2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home