Searching for bugs and cracks...
Map Centered at 35°N, 10°W
What an odd day this has been. We had our basketball tournament this weekend, which was great, but spending entire days there was exhausting. Getting to school this morning, even after a day off, was rough. I was sitting in the teacher work room during my prep periods this morning when the nurse walked in. She asked Adam if she could possibly check his kids' heads for lice tomorrow. They had apparently found it in elementary and middle school! Ahhhhhh! Anyone with long hair knows the feeling when someone says the word LICE; your hair crawls, and then you start itching. It doesn't matter if you have it or not, the thought is enough. I pulled my hair back quickly and just as I started working again, the room started to shake. I felt it in my legs first and then saw things in the room shimmy. We've had work crews working on our soccer field forever, so it isn't unusual to feel a little bouncing, but this was different. I thought that this must be what an earthquake feels like, turns out it was. We evacuated the whole school, and after a thorough check of the building for cracks were let back in. I checked on line and the quake happened about 345 km NW of here and was a magnitude 6.0. We felt much less, but for my first earthquake, I'm glad it was small.




1 Comments:
Now me hungry.
By
Jed Carosaari, at 11:57 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home