Taking things for granted...
I think I've always taken things for granted. I think we all do. In the last few days, I've realized it more. I take little things like my health, my apartment, my friends, my job, my life, and my salvation for granted on a regular basis. It isn't as though I've had some revalation or that I've all the sudden flipped a switch that will correct this, but a couple things have happened that made me realize, a bit more, how fortunate I've been.

See the woman with the great smile? That's my friend Ghita. She also works at my house, is an amazing cook, and has had a pretty rough time these past few years. Without going into details, she's needed a place to live for a while. We've looked and nothing came up in her budget. Recently though, she found a little place next to us to live. She came to work one day and said, "Kattie, I'm a woman with a house, and a key!" I knew in that moment, I couldn't relate to what she felt. but I was joyful with her and was immediately invited over to HER place for lunch the next week.

I, along with several other friends joined her for a special meal of Rfeesa, which was phenomenal. She served us traditional mint tea, fruit, and cake and was so happy the whole time. As we sat, very full, I looked around her one room apartment with a meager start and thought about how often I mistake what I want in life over what I need. How much of my time is taken up by the unimportant when in the end only one thing matters.

I was very honored to be her guest and hope that we'll have many more chances to meet over tea.
See the woman with the great smile? That's my friend Ghita. She also works at my house, is an amazing cook, and has had a pretty rough time these past few years. Without going into details, she's needed a place to live for a while. We've looked and nothing came up in her budget. Recently though, she found a little place next to us to live. She came to work one day and said, "Kattie, I'm a woman with a house, and a key!" I knew in that moment, I couldn't relate to what she felt. but I was joyful with her and was immediately invited over to HER place for lunch the next week.
I, along with several other friends joined her for a special meal of Rfeesa, which was phenomenal. She served us traditional mint tea, fruit, and cake and was so happy the whole time. As we sat, very full, I looked around her one room apartment with a meager start and thought about how often I mistake what I want in life over what I need. How much of my time is taken up by the unimportant when in the end only one thing matters.
I was very honored to be her guest and hope that we'll have many more chances to meet over tea.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home